Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Amy's


Has anyone ever tried Amy’s Organic frozen meals? I started buying these months ago and I LOVE them! My favorite so far is the pesto tortellini, which tastes better than any tortellini I’ve had at a restaurant. I’m eating one as I type and I after I finish I plan to spoon up the remaining pesto :-) She has different genres, all organic and vegetarian (which I like because frozen meat always tastes funny), including Italian, Mexican, Indian (of which I’ve only tried one of, and hated it, so steer clear from the Mattar Paneer). I’ve tried many of the Mexican ones, my favorite being the cheese enchiladas but got burned out after learning that the nutritional info only applies to one of the two enchiladas, and because they’re a little greasy. I also loved the roasted vegetable lasagna. They even have pizza!! The problem with Amy’s is that they’re a little hard to find and kinda pricy. At Sprouts, the meals were about $5 a piece, which is far better than going out for lunch every day at work, but is still a little hard to swallow ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen this brand but I don't buy a lot of frozen stuff so that's probably why. I love tortellini, and can't find it frozen anywhere, so I've been buying it refrigerated and it's really expensive that way. Maybe I'll try hers. Also I like that it's organic, which I'm pretty into right now since it turns out they put some gross crap in a lot of stuff we eat.

    ReplyDelete